Spring has sprung, the school year is drawing to a close – and our local Community Giving Days are back! This year, Omaha Gives! takes place on May 22 and Give to Lincoln Day is May 30.
Community giving events like these are amazing opportunities for both nonprofits and their supporters to make the most of their donations. That’s because when donors make their gifts during the given 24-hour period, those funds are matched with funds raised by the sponsoring community foundation, meaning your gift has an even bigger impact! Plus, nonprofits like Nebraska Children get to promote themselves to new donors, and the whole community can rally around lifting each other up. It’s a win-win-win.
Wondering how to take part? Read on…
Omaha Gives! is organized annually by the Omaha Community Foundation to grow philanthropy in the metro area (Douglas, Sarpy, and Pottawattamie Counties). The event will take place this year on Wednesday, May 22, running from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. The minimum donation is $10 and there is no maximum. Prize money will be made available to amplify charitable donations. The goal is to inspire the community to come together for 24 hours to contribute as many charitable dollars as possible to support the work of local nonprofit organizations. Omaha Gives! is based on other successful giving days hosted by community foundations across the country.
Schedule your Omaha Gives gift now
Give to Lincoln Day
Give to Lincoln Day kicks off at 12 a.m. on May 30 and runs through 11:59 that night. The Lincoln Community Foundation has raised $450,000 in matching funds, and nonprofits will receive a percentage of the matched funds equal to the percentage of the total funds they raised. This means the more we raise for Nebraska Children, the bigger the share of those bonus dollars we’ll receive. And even bigger news: This year, Nebraska Children has secured an extra $10,000 in matching funds from an anonymous donor! So, your dollars can go even further than before.
Here are the rules:
- Give to Lincoln Day donations may be made online or in person at the Lincoln Community Foundation, 215 Centennial Mall South.
- Donations may be made in person on May 30 by cash or check at one of the three donation stations LCF has set up:
- Lincoln Community Foundation office, 215 Centennial Mall South, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tower Square, 13th & P Streets, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- West Gate Bank, 6003 Old Cheney Road, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Checks must be written to “Lincoln Community Foundation” with “Nebraska Children and Families Foundation” written in the memo line. (If you’d like to donate to more than one organization via check, you may write one check and attach a list of the charities and amounts you’d like to divide.)
- Donations up to $10,000 will be eligible for the match.
- You can schedule your donation ahead of time starting May 1 so you don’t have to worry about forgetting.
Leave a Reply