Community giving events like these are amazing opportunities for both nonprofits and their supporters to make the most of their donations. That’s because when donors make their gifts during the given 24-hour period, those funds are matched with funds raised by the sponsoring community foundation, meaning your gift has an even bigger impact! Plus, nonprofits like Nebraska Children get to promote themselves to new donors, and the whole community can rally around lifting each other up. It’s a win-win-win.
Wondering how to take part? We’ve got the scoop.
Give to Lincoln Day
Give to Lincoln Day kicks off at midnight on May 18 and runs through 11:59 that night. The Lincoln Community Foundation has raised $350,000 in matching funds, and nonprofits will receive a percentage of the matched funds equal to the percentage of the total funds they raised. This means the more we raise for Nebraska Children, the bigger the share of those bonus dollars we’ll receive.
Here are the rules:
- Give to Lincoln Day donations may be made online or in person at the Lincoln Community Foundation, 215 Centennial Mall South.
- In-person donations must be made between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 18. Checks must be made out to the Lincoln Community Foundation with “Nebraska Children and Families” written in the memo area.
- Donations up to $10,000 will be eligible for the match.
- You can schedule your donation ahead of time starting May 1 so you don’t have to worry about forgetting.
Omaha Gives! kicks off at 12 a.m. on May 24 and runs through 11:59 that night. The Omaha Community Foundation has also raised matching funds that will operate the same way as Give to Lincoln Day: Nonprofits will receive a percentage of the matched funds equal to the percentage of the total funds they raised.
Here are the rules:
- Omaha Gives! donations must be made online in order to be eligible for the match
- Donations up to $10,000 will be eligible for the match
- Each hour we receive a donation, we’ll be eligible to be randomly selected for a one-time bonus prize of $535
- We’re also eligible to earn a participation prize of up to $3,000 if we’re in the top five organizations during one of three time periods: 8 a.m., 4 p.m. or 12 a.m.
- You can even schedule your donation ahead of time starting May 1 so you don’t have to worry about forgetting