Community giving events like these are amazing opportunities for both nonprofits and their supporters to make the most of their donations. That’s because when donors make their gifts during the given 24-hour period, those funds are matched with funds raised by the sponsoring community foundation, meaning your gift has an even bigger impact! Plus, nonprofits like Nebraska Children get to promote themselves to new donors, and the whole community can rally around lifting each other up. It’s a win-win-win.
Wondering how to take part? We’ve got the scoop.
Omaha Gives! kicks off at 12 a.m. on May 25 and runs through 11:59 that night. The Omaha Community Foundation has raised a pool of bonus dollars with the help of local foundations, donors and corporate partners to be shared with all participating nonprofits that receive donations during Omaha Gives. Rather than a dollar-for-dollar match, these bonus dollars are given to organizations based on the percentage of total dollars they’ve raised – which means the more we raise for Nebraska Children, the bigger the share of those bonus dollars we’ll receive.
Here are the rules:
- Omaha Gives donations must be made online in order to be eligible for the match
- If you have a charitable giving account at the Omaha Community Foundation, you can use that as a payment option when you’re giving online
- Donations up to $10,000 will be eligible for the match
- Each hour we receive a donation, we’ll be eligible for special hourly prizes of $1,000
- We’re also eligible to earn a participation prize of up to $3,000 if we’re in the top five organizations during one of three time periods: 8 a.m., 4 p.m. or 12 a.m.
- You can even schedule your donation ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about forgetting
Give to Lincoln Day kicks off at midnight on May 26 and runs through 11:59 that night. The Lincoln Community Foundation has raised $300,000 in matching funds, which work just like Omaha’s matching funds: nonprofits will receive a percentage of the matched funds equal to the percentage of the total funds they raised.
Here are the rules:
- Give to Lincoln Day donations may be made online or in person at the Lincoln Community Foundation, 215 Centennial Mall South.
- In-person donations must be made between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 26th. Checks must be made out to the Lincoln Community Foundation with “Nebraska Children and Families” written in the memo area.
- Donations up to $10,000 will be eligible for the match.
- Each hour we receive a donation, we’ll be eligible for special hourly prizes of $300.
- You can schedule your donation ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about forgetting.