On Friday, November 14, leaders from state government, human services organizations and private philanthropy convened in Lincoln to discuss strategies for more effective child abuse prevention at the annual Prevention Summit.
The theme of Friday’s event was promoting healthy relationships through systems that care. The content focused on the importance of strong, healthy relationships in keeping children safe and protecting them from adverse childhood experiences. Nationally recognized experts spoke on the latest in child abuse prevention strategies and theory.
Prevention Summit Speakers
- Healthy Couples, Healthy Children: Improving the Lives of Children through Healthy Couple Relationships and Stable Homes | David Schramm, Ph.D., University of Missouri College of Human Environmental Sciences
- All in a Day’s Work! | Juli Burney, teacher, humorist and author
- A Community-based Approach to Empathy-based Caregiving for Parenting & Family Relationships: Universal Violence Prevention | Kimberly Svevo-Cianci, Ph.D., CEO of Changing Children’s Worlds Foundation and Founder of the International Child/Parent Development Program
- The Green Boat: Reviving Ourselves in Our Capsized Culture |
Mary Pipher, Ph.D., therapist and New York Times #1 Best Selling Author
The Prevention Summit was funded and organized by the Prevention Partnership, which includes:
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Nebraska Department of Education
- Nebraska Child Abuse Prevention Fund Board
- Nebraska Children and Families Foundation
Leave a Reply