Project Employment is a 5-day program for young people age 14-24 who are in foster care now, or have been in foster care in the past. In this program, these young adults will get the employment skills that local employers are looking for. Classes are small – only 5-10 young people will be accepted. Participants in the program will benefit from:
- Intake and assessment – What do each of our participants need to learn? What are the barriers? We only accept participants who are willing and can dedicate the time required leave the program job ready.
- Employment readiness training – Project Employment uses the evidence-based “Bring Your A Game to Work” curriculum to instruct a class of 5-15 participants over a 5-session course. Students will learn the 7 As for success as an employee (Attitude, Attendance, Appearance, Ambition, Accountability, Acceptance and Appreciation), learn to write resumes and cover letters, participate in mock interviews, role play challenging work situations, and find and apply for positions for which they’re qualified.
- Ongoing support – We continue to work with our participants after graduation from the program to help reinforce what they’ve learned, identify job openings and assess any future needs.
- Employment Partners – We work with local businesses like you to determine what qualities are most important in your new hires, and to secure interviews for our graduates.
- Tracking outcomes – In order to continuously improve this program, we monitor the outcomes of each of our graduates to make sure the training helps them meet their goals, and the goals of their employers.
Project Employment is a collaboration between Goodwill, Project Everlast, Heartland Workforce Solutions and other community and business partners.
Want to join Project Employment?
Contact Jennifer Thielen at email@example.com or 402-384-4673 to start the enrollment process. She will interview young people to assess their availability, barriers and willingness to participate.