By Wendy Van, Vice President of Development
Every month, I give to the charities that are closest to my heart. And I hardly notice the effect on my family’s bottom line, because the gift is automatically withdrawn every month, like clockwork. It’s my favorite way to give. At the end of the year when I get that statement, I’m amazed at what I was able to contribute. The satisfaction of being a part of something bigger than I am in a way that feels significant for me gives me such a rush . . . and a I feel like I’m more part of the team.
It’s not just good for me . . . it’s good for the organization, too.
Nonprofit organizations are fighting ongoing battles in the name of their missions. At Nebraska Children and Families Foundation, our work isn’t simply about meeting immediate needs of our most vulnerable families. That’s a big part of it. But creating lasting change for Nebraska’s children through community engagement is about more.
It’s about making sure that policies are in place so families make connections, build relationships and find long-term stability.
It’s about making sure that children are safe, healthy and ready to learn and become successful adults.
It’s about building strong families who can weather stress.
It’s about prevention.
And when you’re creating an environment where all Nebraska children can reach their full potential, your operating expenses are constant. They may ebb and flow, but proactive policy and statewide system work is never on hold. So regular, systematic, monthly gifts are exceedingly valuable to our type of organization.
The monthly donation
There are plenty of reasons why monthly giving is a great idea. But when it comes right down to it, monthly giving is the most effective and efficient way to invest in communities. Your monthly donation to Nebraska Children and Families Foundation:
- Provides a steady and predictable source of funding to do critical work in communities that support kids from cradle to career.
- Is easy. Setting up an automatic deduction from your bank or credit card makes a generous contribution simple, painless and hassle free.
- Can be done through your workplace. Nebraska Children and Families Foundation is a member of the Community Services Fund, a workplace-designation-only campaign. Does your workplace participate? Your workplace may also participate in the United Way or the Combined Federal Campaign. The University System has a workplace giving campaign as do many communities across the state. All of these campaigns allow you to designate a gift to Nebraska Children and Families Foundation that can be automatically deducted from your paycheck, so you never have to worry about it.
- May be matched by your employer, doubling the impact you can make on Nebraska families. Does your company have a matching gift program?
- Reduces fundraising costs and allows more dollars to go directly to the work at hand. Your gift can pack a big punch for our organization. Set up your monthly gift now and watch your investment in Nebraska kids grow.
Prevention is a long-term investment in the people and services that support kids. Your monthly support lets Nebraska Children and Families Foundation undertake the ongoing collaboration that is needed (but not always easy) to create safe, healthy environments for Nebraska’s children to thrive. We do the work because it is important. And a monthly gift from you makes a huge impact.